[Nek5000-users] Compilation of nek5000 in ubuntu

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 14 03:58:26 CST 2015

   Hi Simon,

    1) Download the Open-Mpi file from here :
www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.8/downloads/openmpi-1.8.4.tar.gz,
unpack it
    2) Create a folder ' sudo mkdir  /usr/local/openmpi '
    3) Go to the unpacked openmpi-1.8.4 folder and do ./configure
--prefix = /usr/local/openmpi
    4) Then just type ' make '
    5) Then ' make check install '

    This will install open-mpi in the folder /usr/local/openmpi, now
your mpi files will be in this folder.

    6) Open makenek and change ' F77 = /use/local/openmpi/mpif77 ' and '
CC = /usr/local/openmpi/mpicc '  or you can the path to ./bashrc file if
you don't want to do this step.

    I hope this should work for you.

  Best Regards,
   Kamal