[Nek5000-users] Sym boundary condition in mshconvert file

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 31 01:43:41 CST 2015

Rif,

I would try in your .usr file:

      subroutine usrdat
      :

      integer e,f

      nface = 2*ndim
      do e=1,nelt
      do f=1,nface
          if (cbc(e,f,1).eq.'M  ') cbc(e,f,1) = 'SYM'
      enddo
      enddo

(this is assuming that the "M" gets loaded into the first position of the 3-character
string cbc; you could add:

          if (cbc(e,f,1).eq.' M ') cbc(e,f,1)='SYM'
          if (cbc(e,f,1).eq.'  M') cbc(e,f,1)='SYM'

if you want to cover all bases.

One important point --- "SYM" requires that the face in question to be planar with a normal
pointing in either X Y or Z direction...   If it it pointing somewhere in between you would have
to run with the stress formulation.

Paul