[Nek5000-users] box parameters must kept unchanged when using restart utility?

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Aug 31 22:58:41 CDT 2015

Hi, nekers

I am running the restart utility. And I found that when I change both
the box parameters (nelx,nely,nelz) and the SIZE parameters (lx1, ldx)
for the restart run, the computation got stuck and failed at reading
the filed result files of U and P, like this:
  set initial conditions
  Checking restart options: turbChannel0.f00009
  nekuic (1) for ifld            1
  Reading checkpoint data
        0       0 OPEN: turbChannel0.f00009
  byte swap: F   6.54321003      -2.93127722E+35

Again I follow exactly the tutorial and kept the same set-up in the .box
file and just increase the element order (lx1, ldx), and now the restart
works fine.

so .box parameters must kept unchanged when using restart utility?
right? I just want to confirm that.

Thanks:-) ,

from Allen