[Nek5000-users] Mode decomposition with parallelism

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 14 10:50:51 CDT 2015

Dear all,

About the previous request, there are a few points to specify.

We would like to do POD for velocity which varies with time. We want to
observe the strength of different modes, plotting against time. It would
need to capture the details of flow reversal at Ra ~ 1e8. The details of
the POD might not be very important. I can modify the orthogonal function
to suit my case, but I would like to have an example first.

Also, there should be around a few hundred thousands to millions of
elements. Therefore, it is rather essential to do it efficiently on cluster.

Hope this will help clarify.

Regards,
Simon