[Nek5000-users] Regarding Restart

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 10 09:23:28 CDT 2015

Hi Neks,

I am facing a weird problem, in terms of restarting the simulations.

I place the restart file blah.f0000* in the same folder from where I
launch the simulations, but still I have this error

*************************************
byte_read() :: fopen failure2!
ERROR: Error reading restart header in mfi_prepare  ierr=  1

To over come this problem, I was replacing the "name" variable in '
byte.c ' with the path of the restart file and it really helps. I want
to get rid of this.

Could some please tell me why I am getting this problem.

Thanks,
Kamal

PS: My SESSION.NAME file contains the name of the file and the path.