[Nek5000-users] heat flux BC

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 1 12:21:47 CDT 2015

Hi Neks,

I still trying to understand the calculation works in Nek5000
Sorry for some basic questions as not much of example on the flux BC:

1. If I put the boundary condition as flux, do I need to calculate the
resultant heat transfer coefficient or can I just obtain thoroughly from
the code? because I haven't found the HTC output any inside the code, but
whenever I grab the 'HC' it gives me some value. So what would be the value
of HC that I obtain there if I cannot get it directly from the code?

2. If I specify the flux number in the userbc for nondimensionalized
equation, how the deltaT is normalized is it to the bulk temperature?

3. All values that specified in the usr file for dimensionalized has to be
SI unit isn't it? as the flux should be in W/m2?

Regards,
--
Muhsin Mohd Amin
Graduate Student