[Nek5000-users] interpolation of results to uniform grid

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 25 16:48:52 CDT 2014

In a 2D flow simulation I would like to make manually some spectral
analysis on spacial fields of temperature, velocity etc.
Spacial field must be on a regular uniform rectangular mesh.
Schematically I need a procedure like
T=getfield('foo0.f00009'),
where T is in the matrix form, f.e. for 3 point in one dimension and 2 in
the other:
T11 T12 T13
T21 T22 T23

In tools there is an interpolation tool int_tp that could solve the problem.
But to get it work you have to supply .box files.

The problem is complicated with the fact that though the geometry  is
quadrilateral, it is not rectangular and  nonuniform. I have created it in
prex. There you have "Multi-SPLIT" in menu which refines the opposite sides
of quadrilateral the same way, just what I needed (first I divided the
whole domain to four parts by quadsplit and after I refine each part
nonuniformly to make it more dense towards the boundary).

Finally I have trapezuim domain in which mesh is refined towards each of
the four boundaries. You can see the picture following the link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7sb2njt6ju2qo1b/mesh24x24.png?dl=0
I would be happy to interpolate this mesh to "uniform" (the sides are
meshed uniformly) and get it in matrix form.

But in terms of .box files I don't know how to set the quadrilateral
geometry.

So is there a way to create this type of geometry scriptwize?

I saw in mailing list that  there a utility sem2lex. But I could not find
it.

As a temporary solution I think about hpts.in. Though there will be 10^4
points in hpts.out for each time.

Thank you, Ilias