[Nek5000-users] Outpost question

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 4 22:19:52 CDT 2014

Hi JC,

Sorry it took me awhile to get to this.

For .fld files:
In prepost.f, subroutine outfld(prefix), around line 333 (right before the
call to file2 -
If you reset nopen(iprefix), you should start writing to a file ending with
01 and incrementing from there.  Something like:

if(nopen(iprefix).gt.25) nopen(iprefix)=1

Note that nopen is a common variable and resetting this in prepost will
carry over elsewhere in the code, essentially setting the number of open
files to 1.  If you want to preserve the open file count, just save the
original nopen(iprefix) in a temp variable and restore it after the call to
open the file. (~lines 344)

For 0.f00000 files you can reset the variable nfld in prepost.f, subroutine
mfo_open_files() before the "call mbyte_open(fname,fid0,ierr)"  on line
~1703

Let me know if that doesn't work ok.
Katherine