[Nek5000-users] Restarting simulation in same run

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 21 23:18:06 CDT 2014

Dear neks

I want to perform several simulations each with different initial condition
in the same run of nek5000. This is for eigenvalue/vector computation with
ARPACK and using time-stepping approach.

I plan to do all of this in userchk. The call to ARPACK will be in userchk.
Whenever ARPACK gives me a vector, I want to start a simulation with this
vector as initial condition. I have to perform certain number of time-steps
and return the result to ARPACK.

What all do I need to do to initialize a simulation given the initial
condition vector ?

Thanks
praveen