[Nek5000-users] Moab Issues

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 14 06:55:15 CDT 2014

Hi Friedriech,

It appears that Nek-MOAB does not pickup your elements since nelv=0.

One thing to check is whether your block-ids/material sets are specified correctly in the mesh files .cub & .h5m and in the .rea file -- e.g. the following lines in

nek5_svn/examples/moab_conjht/moab_conjht.rea:

1 2      1 fluid set, 2 other/solid sets
20 10 30      fluid set #20, solid sets #10, 30

correspond to a Cubit/MOAB mesh with 3 block-ids/material sets: 10,20, and 30 which matches the  check with 'mbsize -m' below.

If the problem still persists, please contact me offline at obabko at mcs.nal.gov

Aleks

mbsize -m moab_conjht.h5m

Material Set 10:
   type count   total                   minimum                   average                       rms                   maximum                  std.dev.
    Hex     1       1                         1                         1                         1                         1                         0
1D Side    12      12                         1                         1                         1                         1                         0
 Vertex     0

Material Set 20:
Material Set 30: