[Nek5000-users] About the iobj in the drag calculation

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 29 05:56:56 CDT 2014

These are just rescalings of turbulent fluctuations
in terms of wall units, which allows them to be compared with
other data in the literature.

On Thu, 29 May 2014, nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov wrote:

> Hi,
     I'm sorry to trouble. I find these lines in set_obj subroutine
             if (f.eq.1) iobj=1  ! lower wall
             if (f.eq.3) iobj=2  ! upper wall
     so this defines which wall to be represented. Another question comes that why the urms is calculate like
     do i=1,m
                 write(56,3) yy(i)+1
      &                     ,(yy(i)+1)*Re_tau
      &                     , (urms_pl(i)-(uavg_pl(i))**2)/u_tau**2
      &                     , vrms_pl(i)/u_tau**2
      &                     , wrms_pl(i)/u_tau**2
      &                     , uvms_pl(i)/u_tau**2
                 write(57,3)  yy(i) + 1.
      &                     , (yy(i)+1.)*Re_tau
      &                     , uavg_pl(i)/u_tau
     3           format(1p15e17.9)
             enddo

As can be seen,R_uu=(urms_pl(i)-(uavg_pl(i))**2)/u_tau**2, while R_vv=vrms_pl(i)/u_tau**2,why?

ÔÚ 2014-05-29 02:24:34£¬nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov дµÀ£º

Hi,all:
     I read Paul's reply in this mail https://lists.mcs.anl.gov/mailman/htdig/nek5000-users/2014-May/002756.html
     And got to know something about objects. As you say, the object is a collection of faces, here , I have a question about the iboj, how could I know which face it represent with iboj? As in turbChannel.usr,
      dragx_avg = alpha*dragx_avg + beta*0.5*(dragx(1)+dragx(2))
      I think it means to do the time-average of the average dragx on planey1 and planey2, as
      0.5*(dragx(1)+dragx(2))
  indicates, while how to calculate the dragx on the planex1, planex2, planez1 and planez2? for the maxobj in this example is only 4 and dragx is defined as
      dragx(0:maxobj)

Thank you
Xianbei

À´×ÔÍøÒ×ÊÖ»úºÅÂëÓÊÏäÁ˽â¸ü¶à