[Nek5000-users] About the iobj in the drag calculation

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 29 01:24:34 CDT 2014

Hi,all:
    I read Paul's reply in this mail https://lists.mcs.anl.gov/mailman/htdig/nek5000-users/2014-May/002756.html
    And got to know something about objects. As you say, the object is a collection of faces, here , I have a question about the iboj, how could I know which face it represent with iboj? As in turbChannel.usr,
     dragx_avg = alpha*dragx_avg + beta*0.5*(dragx(1)+dragx(2))
     I think it means to do the time-average of the average dragx on planey1 and planey2, as
     0.5*(dragx(1)+dragx(2))
 indicates, while how to calculate the dragx on the planex1, planex2, planez1 and planez2? for the maxobj in this example is only 4 and dragx is defined as
     dragx(0:maxobj)

Thank you
Xianbei