[Nek5000-users] Effect of CFL number.

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 27 16:27:15 CDT 2014

Hi Kamal,
Depending on what you want to do, I would stay away from the
transitional region altogether, as you also might see spatial
localisation which is maybe not what you want. The standard case for
low-Re turbulence, which is sustained even in small boxes, is the
Re_tau=180 case, which corresponds to Re_b=5300 or ReD=3464
(approximately). At that Re you also have a good deal of data to compare to.
Best regards,
Philipp