[Nek5000-users] CVODE and IOFS

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 22 21:55:35 CDT 2014

Dear nek5000 team,

I have modified the makeq.f routine to include the line “call convab” into the condition “ifcvode”, just before "call wlaplacian…".
According to the test I performed with my vortex convection case as well as the “lowMach_test” case from the example directory of nek, now it seems to works as it should. I get the same results as with no-CVODE, or CVODE without the characteristic method.

If I am right, with that change, now convective and diffusive terms of heat and scalar equations are solved within CVODE, while the velocity in the hydrodynamic system is computed with the characteristic method (OIFS, sorry for the mistake in my previous email).

Could you confirm me that it is an appropriate fix for the problem (supposing it was initially a bug)?
Thank you for your help!

Best regards,
Emmanuel