[Nek5000-users] Regarding Resolution

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 21 09:50:54 CDT 2014

Hello Neks,

I am running simulation on expansion pipe with perturbation at inlet.

with normal mesh of 14000 elements I find turbulence that stays forever inside the pipe at Re = 2000 and it quiet matches with previous articles and numerical study.

When I tried to increase the resolution by 25000 elements for the same parameter the turbulence decayed completely and the flow became steady.

Even when I increase the polynomial order from N=5 to N=7 the turbulence decays down completely.

Could some tell me why I couldn't reproduce the result on a higher mesh resolution ??

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Kamal