[Nek5000-users] Specifying boundary condition for Annulus Geometry in box file

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 14 14:42:01 CDT 2014

Hi Ravi,

You are correct, for annulus geometry, the BC's used correspond to

r_0, r_nelr, theta0, theta1

You don't see theta0 and theta1 when the geometry is a full cylinder
(theta0=0 to theta1=1) since the theta edges will connect to one another
and essential be 'E  ' BC.  However, if you were working with a half or
quarter cylinder, these would be relevant and visible in prex.

Similarly, if you run genbox for a full cylinder and put a BC that is not
'E  ' or blank ('   ') for theta0 or theta1, genbox will put this BC in the
.rea file.  This could then result in an incorrect BC.

I can look at setting up a warning message within genbox for this situation.

Best,
Katie