[Nek5000-users] boundary condition issue?

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 5 15:08:33 CST 2014

I check the first time step, the pressure is more or less correct. From the
second step, the singular point starts to show up.

I changed the Cartesian mesh of the example back, I have the same problem.
So the problem looks like to produced during the generation of the mesh
around the cylinder.

I used the import.rea from the ext_cyl example, so that I won't introduced
any other problem.
After several tests, I isolated the problem to two potential issues:
1, genbox to generate the mesh around cylinder, the script is below
2, prex, after importing the geometry and boundaries conditions, there is
only the boundary condition of the cylinder left, which I imposed as 'wall'
by using the script below

I feel that it is very probably caused by prex, but I do not see where is
the bug? I attached all scripts in the mail as well.

Thank you!

Tubois

pretex << EOF
new
   1 READ PREVIOUS PARAMETERS
box
   1 BUILD FROM FILE
box
  10 IMPORT MESH
toto
y Would you like to displace existing elements in box?
   1 END    ELEMENTS
   1 ACCEPT MATL,QVOL
   1 SET BCs
  11 SET ENTIRE LEVEL
   3 WALL
n Is this a lattice for hex-close-packed spheres?:
1 END  LEVEL
1 ACCEPT B.C.'s
1 EXIT
EOF
genmap << EOF
new
.1
EOF

import.rea
#========================================================
2             spatial dimension
1             number of fields
#
# comments
#
#
#
Y             cylinder
4 -40 1         nelr,nel_theta,nelz
.0 .0             x0,y0 - center of cylinder
cccbb             descriptors: c-cyl, o-oct, b-box (1 character + space)
.5 .6 .7 .8 1.          r0 r1 ... r_nelr
0 1 1             theta0/2pi theta1/2pi ratio
E  ,E  ,E  ,E  ,             bc's (3 characters + comma)