[Nek5000-users] non-physical temp. at walls

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 30 11:29:03 CDT 2014

Hello all,

I wondered if anyone have ever experienced high/low nonphysical
temperature field for a configuration in which there is a volumetric
heat source.
I have such hot/cold spots very close to a few insulated walls as
boundary conditions in my configuration. In fact, such temperatures
have been observed in the elements adjacent to the wall. The heat
source is uniform for part of the domain and zero for the rest of it.

It might be due to non-monotonicity of advection scheme and
insufficient resolution. The minimum temperature can be clipped, but
there is no way to limit the maximum temperature.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mohsen