[Nek5000-users] quasi 3D and boundary condition

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Jun 8 15:15:59 CDT 2014

Hi Zhang,

There is no support for 2.5D with Fourier in z and currently no plans to move in that direction.

If you want a slip velocity on the curved surface you should use the stress formulation (lx2=lx1-2, etc.,
with ifstrs T.   Then the "SYM" bc should give you the desired bc, i.e., U.nhat = 0, d/dn (U.t_hat) = 0.

Paul