[Nek5000-users] Initialise with random noise

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 17 15:07:08 CDT 2014

Hi,
We had the same issue a while back; I guess the simple solution is to
use different seeds for the pseudo random number generator depending on
the processor you are on; in this way each processor will generate an
independent series of random numbers. Depending on which generator you
use, and what requirements you have (always the same sequence of numbers
or completely random, etc.), maybe it is enough to just call
random_seed() on each process before you pull out the numbers.

Philipp