[Nek5000-users] SFD error message from p66

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 1 05:08:53 CDT 2014

Hi Adam,

thank you very much.

I have solved the problem that I posted here about the SFD code and now
it seems to work. However, I'm still doing some tests to validate the
code. It will take me some more time. If you agree, I think it would be
nice to discuss in private about these two versions of the SFD code. I
will let you know how this code works and we could compare this version
with your code.

Regarding the error that I posted, the problem was not related with
param 66, but with the dimension of the variables.

In the correct version of the code:

ntot=nx1*ny1*nz1*nelv
call rzero(vx,ntot)

However, in the wrong version I was defining ntot as:

ntot=nx1*ny1*nz1*nz1*nelv

The wrong definition of the dimensions of the velocity vector was
leading to the error that I posted.

Regards
SL