[Nek5000-users] Linearised Navier-Stokes time-dependant base flow

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 30 05:06:08 CST 2014

Hi Nek's,

I have a question regarding the linearised Navier-Stokes solver while the
underlying base flow is time-dependant. As far as I understand, one should
simply have to set param(31) = 1 to achieve this (and p31 = -1 for a steady
state base flow). What about the boundary conditions however?

For instant, I want to investigate the linear dynamics of perturbations
evolving onto a lid-driven cavity flow exhibiting a periodic limit cycle I
have computed. How could I impose in userbc:

ux = 1
uy = 0
uz = 0

for the periodic base flow time-evolution, and in the meantime:

ux = 0
uy = 0
uz = 0

for the perturbation?