[Nek5000-users] horizontal geospatial footprint

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 21 15:58:09 CST 2014

Hi Susan,

If possible, I might suggest getting in touch with the corresponding author
first.  The reason for this is the .dat extension is not a native format
for NEK5000, which means they must have changed it from the original file
extension.  It would be good to know more details from the author about the
contents of the data file; then the developers might be able to better
assist you.

Josh

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 2:24 PM, <nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>  Dear NEK5000 users desk at the Argonne National Lab,
>

> I would like to read in just the lat and lon from a 1.6TB NEK5000 .dat
> file so that I can plot a bird’s eye view geospatial footprint.  Please
> help me with the Nek code.
>

> The data and metadata can be downloaded from GRIIDC at the Harte Research
> Institute, where I work.  I appreciate your help!
>
> The metadata for the file says, “The binary (*.dat) files that comprise
> this dataset must be read and processed using NEK5000 software.”
>

> https://data.gulfresearchinitiative.org/data/R1.x134.115:0002
>

> Susan
>

> *Susan Renee Rogers, susan.rogers at tamucc.edu <susan.rogers at tamucc.edu>*
>
> *Marine and Environmental Data Analyst*
>
> *Harte Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies*
>
> *Texas A&M University at Corpus Christi*
>
> *6300 Ocean Drive, Unit 5869*
>
> *Corpus Christi, TX 78412-5869*

Josh Camp

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
-- Edmund Burke