[Nek5000-users] about fix_geom

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 21 09:00:01 CST 2014

Hello, Paul,

Thanks for your quick answer. So the original usage of this subroutine
is to correct the interface between two non-matching neighboring
elements. The way I understand is wrong. It functions in two steps, first
to average and second to propagate info from the rectified boundary.

However, from this post
https://lists.mcs.anl.gov/mailman/htdig/nek5000-users/2011-May/001319.html
I realize that it seems that fix_geom should do the job I want: after I
change the
gll coordinates on the boundaries based on the Poisson solver, a call to
fix_geom
will fix the gll points inside the elements, reflecting the
corresponding boundary
displacements. Is there misunderstanding here?

thanks very much.

lailai