[Nek5000-users] about fix_geom

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 21 06:46:47 CST 2014

Hello, guys,

Have you any experience with the routine fix_geom, which has not been
tested for 2d cases as reported. I am trying to use it for a 2d case with
curved boundaries not necessarily describable by expressions. When
the gll points on bc are rectified to capture the right shape, a call to
fix_geom
is supposed to reposition the internal gll points following the
so-called Gordon-Hall
algorithm?

I have tested for a simple mesh with only one square element, whose corners
are located at (-1,-1), (-1,1), (1,1) and (1,-1). I find that simply
moving the internal
gll points of one edge (like (-1,-1) to (1,-1)) followed by calling
fix_geom does nothing
to the internal gll coordinates. Probably some key ingredients are
missing here?

thanks in advance,
lailai