[Nek5000-users] Pipe with expansion

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 20 14:52:04 CST 2014

Hi Kamal,

You'll need to compute your own tke by manipulating the
velocity fields.

You can get running averages of the requisite quantities
via calls to "avg_all" which is found in navier5.f

You can compute shear stress on the wall simply by computing
the drag on the wall, which can be done via a call to torque_calc(),
also found in navier5.f

If you cd to /examples and type:

       grep torq */*.usr

you'll find many examples of calls to torque_calc.  You simply
need to prescribe the surfaces on which shear is to be integrated.

I typically write a routine "set_obj" to identify such surfaces
on the first call to usrchk.

       grep set_obj */*.usr

will show similar examples.

I would recommend trying this for laminar Poiseiulle flow in
a very simple channel just to check that your calls are properly
set.

Best,

Paul