[Nek5000-users] Vorticity as initial condition

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 12 06:47:46 CST 2014

Hi Ismael,

There is no automatic way to do this in Nek.

However, a few years ago I coded up a little streamfunction-vorticity
solver inside userchk and tested it on a (one, only) 2D benchmark.

I've just posted this example to the repo as a demo on how to do
this.  It might shed some light on what you need to do.  Be aware,
however, that my demo had periodic boundary conditions, thus there
were no issues related to setting the boundary values, etc.  That
is a slightly deeper topic, but perhaps this will get you started.

Paul

PS - the new demo directory is examples/eddy_psi_omega