[Nek5000-users] USERVP

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 11 08:42:13 CST 2014

Hi Muhsin,

For variable transport properties case (IFUSERVP=T), utrans and udiff are the transport and diffusion coefficients, respectively, in a particular advection-diffusion equation.   Namely, when solving for momentum (ifield=1), they are density and dynamic viscosity, while are thermal conductivity per volume and thermal conductivity while solving for temperature (ifield=2).

Note for the constant properties case, they are taken from .rea file as RHO, VISC, RHOCP and CONDUCT parameters.

Aleks