[Nek5000-users] Velocity at the center line

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 3 07:01:10 CDT 2014

Hi Kamal,

This doesn't work as you expect because it is very unlikely that you have
node points that fall exactly at x = 0 and y = 0.

The best way to go about this is to use the hpts() routine.  Instructions
can be found at
http://nek5000.mcs.anl.gov/index.php/Data_processing_example

This will interpolate your solution to the points given in your "hpts.in"
file.

Hope this helps!

Josh

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 4:46 AM, <nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Hello Neks
>
> I would like to plot the value of axial-velocity at the center line of a
> pipe flow.  At present am using Visit to do that, But I would like to know
> If it is possible to get it directly from Nek.
>

> I tried to loop on the elements to get the value
> ----------------------------------
> n =  lx1*ly1*lz1*lelt
> do i=1,n
>
>         x = xm1(i,1,1,1)
>         y = ym1(i,1,1,1)
>         z = zm1(i,1,1,1)
>

>            if (x.eq.0 .AND. y.eq.0 .AND. z.gt.0 .AND. z.lt.25) then
>            l  = z
>            up = vz(i,1,1,1)
>            write(13,*) z,up
>            endif
>
>  enddo

> but it doesn't seem to work. Could some tell me what is the correct
> variable to loop on to get the values.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Kamal.

Josh Camp

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
-- Edmund Burke