[Nek5000-users] Problem with passive scalar fields - subroutine outfld

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 2 13:27:35 CDT 2014

Dear Donato,

Thank you for bringing to my attention the issue with outpost/outpost2.

It is almost certain that you want to use outpost2 - that was designed by one
of our developers for exactly the scenario you describe where you have many
passive scalars.  (Though I don't think it was tested also with conjugate heat
transfer.)

Regarding the two flags in the IFTMSH line, the first one is actually
for the "mesh" which is field 0, i.e., in moving boundary problems the
moving part of the mesh could be either just fluid or fluid and solid.
Thus, the flags are technically addressed to fields

 1 2 3 4 ... for IFNAV/IFADVC

and

 0 1 2 3 ...  for IFTMSH

So, would things be functioning correctly for you if you use only
outpost2() ?

There should be no issue in restarting from fields generated by this
process.