[Nek5000-users] Meshing software for complex geometries

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 15 10:27:04 CST 2013

Hello,

I am looking to use Nek5000 to simulate flow past complex geometries
(airfoil, wind turbine, ahmed body, etc.) and I wanted to get some feedback
from other users to see what software you use for your meshing.

My research group has previous experience with gridgen-c and the nek tools
but we are looking for a more sophisticated grid generation tool. We tried
out gridgen and liked that but I wanted to see if others had a better
experience with another tool. Cubit is another name that has come up.

Is there a tool that you recommend for meshing complex geometries that
works well with Nek5000?

Thanks,

Matt