[Nek5000-users] Average solution along lines

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 13 05:40:21 CST 2013

Hi Praveen,

Yes, you are correct in assuming that y_average computes

ua(x) = 1/L int_0^L u(x,y) dy

under the assumptions of: 2D, uniform element length in y,
and tensor-product array of elements (e.g., as generated
by genbox).

I wrote an x_average() routine a few weeks back and have
tested it.  I've just now added this to navier5.f --- hopefully it
will work for you.

Be certain you set lelx, lely, and lelz in SIZE, and likewise
nelx,nely,nelz in (say) usrdat(), where you must also add:

     include 'ZPER'

Of course, nelz=lelz=1 in your case.