[Nek5000-users] over-integration

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 24 07:25:36 CST 2013

Hi Praveen, Josh,

Overintegration and dealiasing are the same.  (Aliasing corresponds
to subsampling in the integrand --- overintegration properly samples.)

Also, note that to get back to the coarse grid we actually use the
transpose of the interpolation operator --- this corresponds to
"sampling the test function on the fine grid" ...

It is possible to use over integration on any function --- one needs
to think about whether it's on the right-hand side or in some implicit
substep.

Also, we have a forthcoming paper on the topic...

Paul