[Nek5000-users] turbulent 3d box

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 18 18:13:07 CST 2013

Dear Paul,

Thanks for the example. However, it runs but something seems to be
wrong: the value of the velocity magnitude is too high to my experience.
(it should be about |f| where f is the forcing  (the correct max value
is sqrt(3)).
Two questions:
1. In b3d.rea  the parameter p2 (viscos) is 10935.  Is't too high? I
used values such as 1/12 and smaller ones.
2. in b3d.f there is a routine userbc(..)
where the parameter ux=uy=uz=0. does it mean that the velocity on the
boundaries is set to zero?
This is not the case which I solved (in previous DNS) and also it
conflicts with the forcing. I think that this condition should be removed.

Thanks very much for your help.
Barak