[Nek5000-users] fld output

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 13 04:53:46 CST 2013

Hi Paul, Katie and all,

Sorry for the very late reply but I had to interrupt what I was working on.

Going back to the problem, I basically would like to understand better how
to extract the simulation results from xm1, ym1, zm1, vx, etc.

I have been trying to do so in userchk() in the .usr file through
postprocessing.. I have been able to extract all the data and print into a
custom file format but I am having difficulties in understanding how the
data is sorted in xm1, ym1, etc.  For instance, I have noticed that the
y1/z1 values are sorted in chunks depending on the spectral order/square of
the spectral order respectively but are sorted in some strange way..

My aim is to output the data into a custom file format, with for example,
all the zm1 values in order, and then subsequently all the ym1 values in
order.. without having to go through a sorting algorithm.. i.e. to output
directly through some loops by knowing the sorting of the arrays xm1, ym1
etc

(Note that I output to f0000* files (binary) and will use MPI I/O too..)

Thank you,
JP