[Nek5000-users] Div(flux) in weak form

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Aug 26 14:15:35 CDT 2013

Hello Neks,

I'm looking for some guidance, or, better, a code snippet.

Within userchk, I have calculated a flux vector: flux = (flux_x, flux_y, flux_z).   I need to include the divergence of this vector as a forcing term via qvol.

I want to incorporate divergence(flux) in weak form (i.e., apply integration by parts).   I believe that I need to use wgradm1 to do this, but the exact syntax in not clear.   Would one of you kindly point me in the write direction, or give me the code to do that?  I understand the term then needs to be multiplied by the inverse mass matrix.

Thanks much!
Mike