[Nek5000-users] Output of temperature gradient, scalar dissipation rate and convective flux

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Sep 28 04:50:22 CDT 2012

Hi Joerg,

You can set ifpo=.false. just before the call to outpost.
You can then turn it back on.

You can also output multiple passive scalars.  For this, however, you
need to call outpost2(), which has a slightly different interface.
Have a look at the source and hopefully it will be clear how to proceed
if you wish to dump additional scalar fields in that way.

For myself, I tend to just use outpost() and then insert whatever I need
in the vx-vy-vz slots, coupled with different prefixes, as in the example
below.

Paul