[Nek5000-users] Calculation of sectional forces

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sat Nov 24 17:36:39 CST 2012

Hi Sofia,

There is a routine that computes torque as well as all three
components of net force.

A few of the examples call this routine --- you should be
able to see this via:

cd
cd nek5_svn
cd examples
grep -i torq */*.usr

The main idea is to identify the surfaces that constitute
the object of interest, e.g., via the "set_obj" routine
shown in some of these examples.   Subsequent calls
to the torque_calc routine will compute the net forces
on these surfaces and sum them together.

Please let us know if this answers your question.

Best regards,

Paul