[Nek5000-users] "convert" a given u_x(i, j, k) in an uniform grid to a vx(i, j, k, e) in a GLL grid ??

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 30 12:22:33 CDT 2012

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov a écrit :
> Hi Can,
>
> Sorry if I am missing something but what do you mean by projection of random field on uniform mesh to GLL grid?  Interpolation won't work since it relies on at least some smoothness of the field.
>
> Do you want to do it in wavenumber space instead?
>
> Thanks.
> Aleks

I generated an isotropic velocity field on the Fourier space that i
transformed to the physical spatial space (x,y,z) with some IFFT routine.
I did this with an external fortran program in an uniform grid (number
of cell per direction n=32)  with the velocity field being expressed as
u(i,j,k). The velocity field is then known on every nodes of my
equi-spaced grid.
Having an identical domain (a cube of 2pi*2pi*2pi and
nelx=nely=nelz=32), i want to project this velocity field in my nek GLL
grid to use it as an initial condition.
i wonder if there is an interpolating routine for doing this.
Thanks for helping me
B.regards
Can