[Nek5000-users] rotating disk with periodic boundaries

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 28 07:50:22 CDT 2012

Dear Ellinor,

Yes, there are some topological issues that arise with your
configuration.

In fact, what you would need is to zero out two velocity
components that are orthognal to the axis and leave
the 3rd component floating.

Let me look into the possibilities and see if we can resolve
it -- no guarantees, as it tends to be a difficult problem.

I am tied up the next few days but can hopefully look at this
within a week.

Paul