[Nek5000-users] Element connectivity information

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 14 07:11:46 CDT 2012

Hi Neks,

I am using Nek5000 coupled to an Arnoldi algorithm for hydrodynamic
stability computations. In these, I form a vector of the velocities,
which I regularly pass to the Arnoldi solver. Then, a new velocity
vector is formed which is passed back to Nek5000.

Now, the code works as it is, but in addition to the physical modes it
produces some spurious modes, which I think originate from the fact
that the velocities at the element-common boundaries are accounted for
twice. To fix this, I need to access the element connectivity
information. Can you please guide me to in which variable this is
stored?

In particular, this is what I would like to do:
-  add the element-common points to the local vector only for one of
two adjacent elements (and for a corner point, only one of the four
elements adjacent to it).
- for the vector that Arnoldi returns, make sure that the new values
of the velocity are inserted also for the other adjacent element(s).

Thanks a lot in advance!
Outi