[Nek5000-users] changing the number of cores in conjunction with new restart

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 5 09:19:30 CST 2012

Dear nek5000 developers,

I just wanted to share an observation that I've done. I've seen that the
velocity field is a bit reshuffled when I use the new accurate restart
feature in nek5000 and restart with a different number of cores compared
to the number used when the rs8blah0.f* were written out. Has anyone
noticed this? Could there be a bug somewhere in the related routines? If
not, then maybe we use the routines in the wrong way. We've used a few
versions > 75? of the code.

Best regards,

Johan Malm