[Nek5000-users] stokes flow with time-dependent boundary

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sat Mar 3 16:03:56 CST 2012

Hi, Paul,

thank you for your confirmation. so now we can come back to my initial
attempt, .ie.
a series of Stokes problems linked by a time-dependent boundary
condition.
i am not sure if nek5000 can directly solve such a problem yet, as i
find that in connect2.f file,
      IF (.NOT.IFTRAN) THEN
         PARAM(11) = 1.0
         PARAM(12) = 1.0
         PARAM(19) = 0.0
      ENDIF
it seems to me that PARAM(11) will be ignored and reset to 1 by nek5000,
am i right?

are there any possible ideas to continue on with nek?
many thanks in advance.

lailai

On Thu, 2012-03-01 at 14:46 -0600, nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov