[Nek5000-users] Reg: Rayleigh Benard convection

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 20 02:07:31 CDT 2012

Dear Sir,

Iam new to nek5000, so far I have ran certain example problems and a simple
case where the box file is as follows:

ddfree.rea

2

2

Box 1

-10 -8

0.0 2.0 1.

0.0 0.25 1.25

P ,P ,SYM, ,

P ,P ,t , ,

Box 2

-10 -10

0.0 2.0 1.

0.25 0.75 1.

P ,P , , ,

P ,P , , ,

Box 3

-10 -8

0.0 2.0 1.

0.75 1.0 0.8

P ,P , ,SYM,

P ,P , ,t ,

As a new nekuser I have used 8 processors for this problem,(as I dont know
how to determine the correct number of processor) . I obtained .f files but
these files didn't open in VISIT even when I changed it to .fld files. It
was not able to read those files.
I have observed that fld files directly obtained can be read by VISIT. Can
you please tell me how do we get .fld and not .f  files while running nek.

I kindly request you to give a benchmark problem where Rayleigh Benard
convection is applied.
It will be of great help to me.

with warm regards,
--