[Nek5000-users] Restart Problem

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jul 21 10:24:08 CDT 2012

Hi Neks,

I have a question regarding I/O procedure. At each time and on every
grid point, I integrate the components of a vector field in time which
are functions of the vorticity and their own values from the previous
time step. I need to store the values of these components at the last
time step (preferably in a separate file) and then recall those values
after restarting the simulation. I think I should use outpost2 to
store the values, but I'm not sure how to open a different file other
than fld file and then how to read that file to be consistent in
parallel. I wonder if you have any hint.

Regards,
Alireza