[Nek5000-users] ON boundary condition

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 16 04:15:24 CST 2012

Hi Adam,

What BC do you use for Simpson?  Can you use the same for nek?

I would assume some sort of sponge condition would be warranted.
I personally like the div > 0 condition, which works well for
turbulent outflow, but I've not tested it extensively for the
issues that you are having.  I'm guessing you might have more
luck with the std. sponge approach.  Please let me know if I
can help, though I think that most of the sponge expertise is
there in your lab.

Best regards,

Paul