[Nek5000-users] ON boundary condition

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 15 08:33:31 CST 2012

Hi Adam,

I set up ON bc some years back to support Blasius boundary layer
analysis in which the tangential (streamwise) velocity is
prescribed and the wall-normal velocity is allowed to escape
as the velocity boundary layer thickens.  This also implies
that the pressure is fixed on the upper surface.   This feature
was developed  for Pn-Pn-2 and hasn't been extensively tested
in many years.   If this is a feature that you need, we could
look into resurrecting it.  (Note that the "escaping" feature
implies that the surface is aligned with either x,y, or z, and
not inclined w.r.t. these principal axes.)

Cheers,

Paul