[Nek5000-users] 3-D Taylor-Green problem

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sat Dec 8 15:12:50 CST 2012

Can you elaborate on the 512^3 case? it is impressive you are getting close with 32^3 and some filtering
I was wondering :
(1) what if you turn off filtering with 32^3  (i.e. set f=0), the question here if filtering is significantly contributing to the dissipation rate. if it does not make a big difference then I would say your LES with 32^3 and f=0.05 is pretty good.
(2) how does the time history in all cases compare to Brachet et al. (see my previous note) at the same Re.

Ammar