[Nek5000-users] CUBIT/Moab

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 20 13:50:02 CDT 2011

I sent these instructions to a different Nek user a few days back:

Ok.  I think in the repo version of Nek, you have to name your mesh input "input.h5m", which you get by translating from
.cub to .h5m (the latter is the hdf5-based native file representation MOAB uses).  If you want to run this in parallel,
you also need to run a partitioner on the file (using tools/mbzoltan in moab), and change the code at the beginning of
nek/3rd_party/moab.f, nekMOAB_load subroutine, to use PARTITION=PARALLEL_PARTITION option.  Finally, you'll need to
change the value used for lelt in the SIZE file (set it to the number of elements in the mesh).

- tim

On 09/20/2011 01:39 PM, Aleksandr Obabko wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> I have been told that the way to convert .cub file into MOAB's native .h5m file is using mbconvert utility which should be in MOAB's bin directory.
>
> (https://svn.mcs.anl.gov/repos/ITAPS/MOAB/tags/preVersion4.0/README.IO).
>

> Please, try
>
> mbconvert blah.cub blah.h5m
>
> Best,
> Aleks

          phone: (608) 263-8485      1500 Engineering Dr.
            fax: (608) 263-4499      Madison, WI 53706