[Nek5000-users] Pipe flow and pressure normalization

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 25 06:06:02 CDT 2011

Dear Neks,

I am running a turbulent pipe flow simulation with periodic boundary
conditions.
At this point, the pressure normalization is set such that the spatial
average of p is zero at each time-step. This is totally fine. However,
I would like to change the normalization such that the spatial average
of p on the wall is zero at each time step, i.e. in order to get the
average pressure <P> = 0 on the wall.

Could I get some guidance on where/how to change the normalization in
the code.
The way the pressure is normalized affects the prms values obtained
from the run. This is in addition to other statistical quantities such
as the skewness and flatness of p.

Best regards
George